Data acquisition is used extensively in modern day engineering and technologically based work areas and fields. MatDeck performs data acquisition, virtual instrumentation, AI, digital signal processing, GPU acceleration, programming, process control, signal filtering and conditioning, SCADA, Databases, generating custom GUIs with simultaneous generating documents all performed in harmony in the software with simplicity in mind providing an astounding user-friendly interface.
Data Acquisition (DAQ) Options
MatDeck’s ingenious software architecture provides an advanced interface for a wide range of electronic hardware applications. These include data acquisition units and cards, custom electronics and OEM products. Running both analogue to digital and digital to analogue converters, timers, counters, input and output ports, buses, and TCP/IP all done simply and efficiently meaning MatDeck truly provides a fresh and comprehensive approach to data acquisition.
Some MD Data Acquisition features:
- Classical Data Acquisition, Measurement and Control
- Virtual Serial Port GUI Designers including FTDI USB devices for Control and Data Acquisition
- TCP GUI Designer for Control and Data Acquisition
- Drag and drop Virtual Instrumentation panel with no coding.
- Drag and drop Virtual Instrumentation GUI application builder which generates Python and MD Script code
- No code drag and drop Visual SCADA
- MD Script and Python SCADA
- DSP functions, DSP GUIs, signal smoothing, PID, Vibration functions, Wavelets, various signal GUIs , curve fitting and math functions
- Modbus, Profibus, TCP, Serial ASCII, Serial RTU, universal device configuration from Excel file
- Hardware devices Advantech, ICP DAS, LabJack and others
- GPU acceleration and advanced FFT
- AI modelling and functions
- Build and Distribute unlimited Windows applications royalty free
Using SCADA and Data Acquisition (DAQ)
SCADA applications are used throughout the data acquisition world to allow for the collection, reading and sending of data, in MatDeck all of this is combined into the SCADA Toolbox. SACDA allows for a connection to made with devices while using effective virtual aids to monitor, receive and send data to and from the devices from one centralized software.
As you can see, MatDeck allows you to run the Panel, Tag Manager as well as inbuilt script from one Toolbox while still being able to access and utilize the MatDeck document and its plethora of features. The SCADA Toolbox is also a codeless solution as all virtual instruments, channels and more are created by the MatDeck Software
Virtual Instrumentation for Data Acquisition
Virtument is MatDeck virtual instrumentation panel that allows for the communication between devices and MatDeck using visual aids such as Digit meter, Sliders, Tanks, Gauges and more. Virtument is a No-Code Toolbox, this means that no knowledge of programming is needed as users need only to click a few buttons to create a connection to a device and add a virtual instrument to it. However, a user can choose to add code, GUIs and function to work with the virtual instruments.
Virtument also works in real time meaning that any changes in the virtual instruments will be received or sent straight away, allowing for the professional use of devices with a simple yet effective methods.
Specialized Interface for Data Acquisition
MatDeck’s hardware interface software functions can be used for hardware data channel management and hardware drivers as well as API. These channels can fluently receive and transmit data direct to MatDeck documents.
MatDeck documents can simultaneously run the execution and communication all while the user can edit the exact same document while it is being run in the same time providing an inexhaustible variety of options. To achieve even higher execution speeds, the document file can be converted into an EXE file. This EXE file can now communicate directly to other MatDeck documents, EXE files and other electronic hardware.
Advanced data acquisition commonly requires expert coding and expressing programming ideas in MatDeck takes usually less lines of code. MatDeck Code allows the user to easily add member functions and data during the execution, variables do not have a fixed type and any memory not used any longer is freed automatically. To find out more about MatDeck’s various data acquisition features please have a look at the following links:
- ICP DAS
- DSP – Digital Signal Processing
- FFT – Fast Fourier Transform
- Digital filter design and analysis
- PID controller
- Signal Smoothing
- Parallel PC processing
- Data logging
- Adaptive Filters
- Spectral Analysis
- DSP Toolkits
- Vibrations Analysis
- Artificial Intelligence
- Virtual Instrumentation
- Waveform Audio File Format
- 2D Graphs
- 3D Graphs
- Probability Distributions
- Audio Testing
- Excel Interface
- Automatic control
- Build and EXE file
- Curve fitting
- Custom Graphical User Interface