All our MD products including MD Free offer MD Chemistry software. MD Free can be downloaded with the blue button (Download MatDeck 3.1 Free) next to this text. MD Chemistry software can also be downloaded via select chemistry supplier.
MD Chemistry software can be used for Chemistry and R&D applications. The product features are shown in the Product Table below. Some MD Chemistry features include:
- Automatically balancing chemical equations, reactions, and functions.
- Automatically insert all constants, units or Periodic Table data.
- Mathematics in Chemistry.
- Connecting to internet chem databases and creating new Chemistry databases.
- 2D and 3D chemical graphs.
- Chemical modelling.
- Programing Chemistry in Python, C or MatDeck C++ style script.
- Creating a Chemistry GUI or EXE software for Chemical R&D.
- Interfacing to over four hundred electronic devices for chemical control, processes and measurement.
- Data acquisition, control and SCADA for chemical applications.
- Fast data processing.
- Fuel cell cases and other Chemistry examples.
Advanced Periodic Table with automatic copying/inserting of data
This is no ordinary Periodic Table. By clicking Insert Variable on The Periodic Table, all selected variables from the Periodic Table will be assigned/inserted into your document canvas or code. From there, you can do calculations or programing; saving your time and making your work more accurate. The Periodic Table is available in all MD products including MD Python-Free. See the Interactive Periodic Table
Learn more about MD’s Interactive Periodic Table
Graphical Chemistry Tool for Compound Information
The Graphical Chemical Tool is used for various chemical information about compounds, including chemical formula, IUPAC name, common names, molecular formula, molecular image, molecular mass, or SMILES which are obtained from PubChem and MCUL databases. Before the Chemical Tool is obtained within a document, users can specify the names of variables in the appropriate tool.
This example shows how boiling elevation can be calculated. The molecular formula for sucrose is found using a MD Chemistry form. This allows us to find the moles of solute. As we can see above, MatDeck mathematical features are used throughout the document with formulas and variables making all maths fast and simple to do. MatDeck allows the user to compute all formulas exponentially faster than other methods while offering numerous chemistry features that save the user time and offers a unique mix of math and chemistry.
Database access, drawing molecular structure and getting molecular formula
You can access the most important internet Chemistry databases, such as MCUL and PubChem, directly from a MD document. MatDeck functions support the following:
- Drawing the molecular structure of a compound using SMILES, or its name as identification.
- Getting the molecular formula of a compound based on SMILES, or its name.
- Getting the molecular mass of a compound based on SMILES, or its name.
Creating a Chemistry database
MD products incorporate a range of functions and tools that can be used for straightforward and effective data exchange with Microsoft SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL and SQLite databases. The user can store and read large amounts of data, combine this data with GUI elements to create a diverse range of applications and forms; as well as saving the results of the calculations into one of the supported database engines, reading and modifying the stored data and sharing it.
Balancing chemical reactions, creating and editing chemical formulas
Automatic chemical balancing of equations
The rate of effusion can be easily calculated as it is inversely proportional to the square root of the molecular weight. Using MatDeck, the molecular weight, chemical formula, IUPAC or SMILES name, as well as any information from the periodic table can be found and stored as a variable. This combined with MD functions allows questions like this to be easily solved. In this example, we use the nonlinsolve() function to solve the equation without re-arranging the formula ourselves.
The above example shows a buffer solution being created between acetic acid and sodium acetate. From there we calculate the hydrogen ion concentration using a formula. MD functions and variables allow the formula to be easily calculated with a few lines and no re-arranging or mathematics done by the user.
Using constants and units
The images below show constants and units. MD products have SI and USCS units, as well as all known constants for Chemistry, Physics and other areas. The option to create new constants and units is also quite often used.
The example below – The molality of the solution is found using MD mathematical features and the variables inputted; we then calculate the boiling elevation in degrees Celsius. Mathematics is often found in Chemistry through formulas; MD functions solve functions seamlessly and save the user time and prevent mistakes.
Benefits of using MatDeck in Fuel Cell development and testing.
Where your fuel is not gas, liquid, solid, molten salt or it is just easily storage energetic past MatDeck gives you unique opportunity to develop and produce fuel cell.
You can use MatDeck for:
- Fuel cell chemical reaction mechanism, reaction barrier, decomposition
- Fuel cell Chemistry thermodynamics and kinetics (including membrane)
- Fuel cell Modelling
- Chemistry 2D and 3D graphs
- Prototyping you fuel cell
- Testing fuel cell
- Preproduction fuel cell
A key part of a Fuel Cell system is to separate the Hydrogen from water for it to be able to be used. With current technology, this process is expensive and therefore is not a suitable solution. If this process can be achieved in a more economical way, then Fuel Cells are likely to lead the way in sustainable energy.
The example above shows the overall electrochemical reaction inside a fuel cell system. With this information, data such as fuel cell efficiency can be calculated and with that, the price of fuel cell production and creation can be lowered, if we know where the energy is being lost.
MatDeck controls 400+ electronic devices and PC cards. This hardware can be applied for:
- Fuel Cell data acquisition
- Fuel Cell chemical process control
- Fuel Cell load power drivers
- Motor control for Fuel Cells
- Various sensor interfaces
- And numerus other hardware.
These give you the opportunity to control your fuel flow rate; measure temperature, flow, pressure, humidity, PH, fuel rate, electrode corrosion, conductivity, membrane conductivity, current, voltage, impedance; gas or liquid ionization, custom fuel spectroscopy, vibration testing, fuel cell load, variables, calculating efficiency, decreasing costs and improving your fuel cells. MatDeck is ideal for fuel cell R&D, prototyping and testing. It can also be used for fuel cell production. More about compatible electronic devices: Data Acquisition and Virtual Instrumentation.
Chemistry Examples List
- Chemical example
- Chemical reactions
- Acid base equilibria 1
- Acid base equilibria 2
- Surface tension
- Chemical equation balancing
- Access to Chemical Database – Mcul
- MatDeck: Access to Chemical Databases -Mcul
- Chemistry Plugin – Use Cases
- Graphical Interface for Chemical Information
- Chemical balancing
- Chemical balancing GUI
- Electrolytic reaction
- Periodic table
- Boiling elevation
- Electrochemical reaction inside a fuel cell
- Hydrogen ion concentration
- Oxygen reduction reaction in a fuel cell system
- Rate of effusion
- Electron configurations